IMPORTANT: Before you order a Symbiostock Hosting package, you must own a Domain Name (i.e. a url for your website). A registered domain name is required to configure and purchase a hosting package.
You can obtain a domain name through a domain registrar such as Namecheap or GoDaddy. Do not proceed with purchasing a hosting plan if you have not yet registered the domain you wish to use.
Once you have chosen your desired hosting package, proceed through the checkout steps to add credit to your account. Once you have submitted payment, it will appear as a credit to your account. You must manually apply these credits to your hosting package in order for the package to be activated. After submitting payment, please follow the steps below to activate your package:
1) Go to your client area by clicking Clients > Manage Account
2) Scroll to the 'Invoices' section. Locate the invoice for your order and click the corresponding 'Pay' button. You will taken to a 'Make Payment' page.
3) Select 'Apply Credit' and click the 'Apply Credit and Continue' button.
4) After 5 minutes you will receive a 'New Service Activation' email containing your cPanel login information. If you cannot find the email in your inbox, please make sure to check your junkmail/spam folders.
Your New Service Activation email will contain your hosting package’s cPanel login information, including a temporary password. We recommend that you login to your cPanel and change your password to a new password. To change your cPanel password:
1) Login to your cPanel account.
2) Click on your username (top right) and select ‘Password & Security’.
3) Use the form to change your password.
Before proceeding you must change the DNS (nameserver) settings for your domain through your domain’s registrar (e.g. Namecheap/Godaddy). Your domain’s registrar should provide information through their help guides on how to change nameserver information. Although the process may differ between registrar’s, the following is a general guide:
1) Sign into your domain’s registrar account (e.g. Namecheap/Godaddy)
2) Navigate to the section that allows you to manage your domains.
3) Select the domain that used for your Symbiostock Hosting package. There might be a ‘Manage’ option.
4) Find the nameservers section and select the Custom DNS option.
5) Enter the custom nameservers provided in your New Service Activation email. Save the settings.
Note: It can take from 10 minutes to 48 hours for nameserver changes to be propagated. The length of time taken depends entirely on your domain registrar.
The nameserver changes made in the previous step must be propagated before you can install and access WordPress. Once the nameserver changes have taken effect, follow these instructions to install WordPress:
1) Login to your cPanel account.
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page to the ‘AUTO-INSTALLER’ section.
3) Click WordPress.
4) Click ‘Install Now’
5) Scroll down to the ‘Admin Account’ section. The settings in this section will be your WordPress account’s login and contact information. Edit your:
NOTE: You do not need to edit any other settings at this stage. Everything else can be configured through the WordPress dashboard once your WordPress account has been created.
6) Scroll down and click ‘Install’.
7) Once installation is complete, confirm that your new WordPress account has been generated by logging to your WordPress dashboard using the login credentials you created in Step 5.
WordPress is now installed and ready for use. Continue onto the steps below to install Symbiostock Pro plugin.
1) Download the free Symbiostock Pro plugin from the Symbiostock.org shop:
2) Login to your WordPress dashboard.
3) Upload and install the Symbiostock Pro zip file via:
WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin > Choose File > Install Now
4) Click Activate Plugin.
5) A Symbiostock message prompt to install Woocommerce will appear. Click install.
NOTE: You must install Woocommerce using the Symbiostock prompt button, as this installs the correct Woocommerce version and not all versions are compatible with Symbiostock. Do not upgrade Woocommerce. Symbiostock will automatically notify you if a Woocommerce update is required.
6) Run the Woocomerce setup wizard and complete the first step called ‘Pages’. You may skip setting up subsequent steps. DO NOT SKIP THE ‘PAGES’ STEP!
7) A Symbiostock message prompt to install Symbiostock Lite will appear. Click install.
8) Setting up Symbiostock Cron:
(a) Login to your WordPress dashboard. Go to Symbiostock > Settings > System. Copy the Symbiostock Processor text from the text field.
(b) Login to your cPanel. Scroll down to the 'Advanced' section and click 'Cron Jobs'.
(c) Under 'Add New Cron Job' paste the Symbiostock processor text into the 'Command' text field.
(d) Under 'Common Settings' select 'Once Per Minute' so that the cron job runs once every minute.
(e) Click the 'Add New Cron Job' button to save.
Symbiostock is now installed and ready for use.
9) Optional: If you purchased the Symbiostock Express theme, which is shown on our Demo Site, please follow the steps in our Replicating Demo Homepage Quick Guide to get your website's appearance set up and looking great!
To locate FTP information associated with your domain:
1) Login to your cPanel account.
2) Look under the ‘Files’ section and click ‘FTP Accounts’ .
3) Scroll down to ‘Special FTP Accounts’. Under the ‘Log In’ column you will find your cPanel username and the associated FTP information for your account. Click ‘Configure FTP Client’ to view your FTP’s Manual Settings.
IMPORTANT: Your primary FTP username and password is the same as your cPanel username and password. To use FTP you will need to an FTP client installed on your local computer. Although we recommend FileZilla for FTP, there are many other FTP clients and programs that provide FTP as well (eg SmartFTP, Dreamweaver).
Once you have installed an FTP client, the FTP program will require the following information in order to connect to your domain’s hosting account:
Host: Your hosted domain name (eg: domain.com)
Username: Your cPanel login username
Password: Your cPanel login password
Symbiostock Hosting offers perpetual, free SSL certificates with quick and easy one-click installation. To install your SSL certificate:
1) Click on 'Let's Encrypt for cPanel' under Security
2) Under 'Issue new Certificate' choose the domain you wish to add SSL to and click on 'Issue Single'
3) On the next page click 'Issue'
That's it! SSL should now be active on that domain and you should see a secure icon when you visit it from your favorite browser. Each certificate issued in this manner expires within 6 months, however the system automatically renews it on your behalf.